Although lots of people around the world are affected by hearing problems, many are hesitant to talk about it and tend to ignore their condition. The World Health Organization predicts that 1 in 4 people worldwide will be living with some degree of hearing loss in the upcoming decades. Symbolically, the month of May, traditionally associated with the sounds of spring, is also internationally recognised as Better Hearing Month. To join this meaningful cause, Audiomedika invited the residents of Vilnius and guests to participate in a social initiative titled “Hear the Spring”. Ordinary people passing by the Bernardine Garden were invited to hear and feel what those with some hearing issues would hear and feel. The actor Giedrius Savickas asked to read a script, to shed further light on what living with hearing loss is like. The event was publicised via press releases, radio ads, radio interviews on Lietus and LRT Radijas, a TV interview on the morning show Labas rytas, Lietuva (Good Morning, Lithuania), communication on Facebook, an invitation to attend in the company’s newsletter and in partnership with 60 Plius, a magazine for seniors.
- To raise public awareness of hearing issues, to educate them about ways of dealing with it and to encourage people to take care of the health of themselves and their loved ones.
- To raise awareness of the issues and discomfort faced by those with hearing problems.
- To position the Audiomedika brand ambassadors in the public sphere, who may be able to help people recover their hearing.
- The dedicated Facebook event reached more than 10,000 users.
- The communication about the event on Facebook reached ~. 7k users on average , with an average. engagement rate of 8.48%.
- The recording of the event was viewed more than 20,000 times.
- There were 2 interviews posted on national media on the day of the event, one on LRT Radijas (with an average daily reach of 194.2 thousand radio listeners)* and the other on LRT Televizija (with the average daily reach of 32.6 thousand TV viewers)**.
- A one-week campaign was carried out on the Lietus radio station(with the ad message heard at least 3 times on average per one listener), complemented by an interview on the day of the event.
- 15 articles were published on national and specialist media.
- The event ad titled “60 plus” reached 6.5 thousand viewers on average, via Facebook channels.
- According to the preliminary data, the event was attended (and its texts were listened to) by ~600 residents and guests of Vilnius City.
*KANTAR radio audience research, Autumn and Winter 2021
**KANTAR TV audience research results, April 2021
Users reached via different Facebook channels
The size of the audience reached during the LRT Radijas broadcast.
Articles were published on national and specialist media
Project Team:Account manager Martyna Kučytė
2021 06 28